Women on Wings business partner since 2011
Shrujan is a not-for-profit making Trust. Any income that is generated is returned to the project. It provides personal and economic support to the artists. Currently Shrujan works with 16 different styles of embroidery, done by 3,500 women across 100 villages.
Shrujan has been built on four principles:
- self-sufficiency, confidence, and dignity are the rights of women all over the world
- maximizing local, available resources, situations and skills is the best way of assisting rural communities
- all forms of useful work are equal
- the unnatural divides of caste and communities can and must be overcome
- Producing exquisite embroidery with the status of a high art form is the outcome of this philosophy.