Rutgers works for human development and improve the quality of life and the sexual and reproductive health and rights of all. Its activities are mainly carried out in the Netherlands, and in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia and South America. Its aim is to improve sexual and reproductive health and rights throughout the world. Rutgers WPF supports partner organizations and professionals in their work, increasing their expertise on sexuality.
- Promotes sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) through education and access to comprehensive SRHR information and services
- Creates awareness of SRHR and the relationship between SRHR, population growth and
- poverty among policy makers, politicians and the general public
- Functions as a center of research and expertise
- Co-operates with organizations and supporting projects that have similar or complementary objectives
- Mobilizes (financial) resources to realize the above
In its’ work special attention is paid to women, young people and marginalized groups. Since February 2014, Women on Wings works with Rutgers and Simavi on a program called ‘Making periods normal’ which aims to improve the situation in India regarding menstruation. The program ‘Making periods normal’ has a duration of three years.